Hydromulch Liquid TackifierBack to Products
Soil Binding and Colloidal Fixative
- Binds all hydromulch systems to the soil and ground
- Reduces water usage and helps retain available moisture
- Reduces erosion and the effects of erosion
- Improved plant growth
- Binds soil, seed and mulch mediums
- Fully biodegradable
Whilst mulch and paper erosion systems offer basic water-holding and ground binding properties the addition of a colloidal fixative (HYDROMULCH LIQUID TACKIFIER) will greatly enhance the effectiveness and soil binding strength of the mulch.
HYDROMULCH LIQUID TACKIFIER acts like glue that binds together the various components of the hydromulch and helps fix it to the soil with benefits as follows:
- Increases the viscosity of the slurry
- Reduces splashing
- Binds the seed and mulch together
- Retains moisture in the soil
- Is effective in reducing erosion even when used alone as a soil treatment
- Soaks into the soil and binds together soil particles forming an aggregation process.
The effect of HYDROMULCH LIQUID TACKIFIER is temporary, breaking down over some months, allowing the plants to soon promote erosion control as their root systems penetrate and hold the soil structure.
HYDROMULCH LIQUID TACKIFIER is supplied in a concentrated liquid form that is diluted further in the water cart. Maximum dilution rate should be no higher 0.4% and normal application should be 0.25%. Do not add product in large quantities and is essential to mix in the product properly. Green Marking Dye can be added to monitor application areas.
Health, Safety, Environment and the Community (HSEC)
RST strives, through a process of continuous improvement, to fully integrate health, safety, environmental and community (HSEC) consciousness into all aspects of its activities.
For more information and to obtain the Material Safety Data Sheet please contact RST.